Friday, April 19, 2019

A New Kidney and a New Life

And she's back. Well now that I have a new kidney I have time to get back to the things I love and missed.

The transplant was on February 3rd. 2019. It's been life altering. I have energy again. No
dialysis. And most of all I can go camping again. With peritoneal dialysis it just became too difficult to stay clean.

I've never been one for enjoying cleaning, but with this new found energy it's nice to have the ability to do mopping, sweepping, and bending down to pick things up off the floor.

Before the kidney disease was extreme I was walking 2-3 miles a day. I hope to get back to that again. Right now i'm just taking short walks down my quarter of a mile driveway.

With this new life I've also been doing more crafts and creating new works of art.
 Stars & bunnies

I've been doing a little paper mache to get a few decorations done around the house.
I'm keeping busy until I get start working again in July. The hope is to work at a local newspaper. Where I can do Graphic art, writing, and Editing.

It's been a bit of a journey, but as a familiar jingle states. "I"m loving it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment